Worm drive saw ?????

I was looking at some power saws on Ebay and on one of them they said that the saw was a worm drive. I dont understand this. Are the worms inside the saw? What do they do to make the saw work? The picture they showed had an electric cord on it. If the worms are driving the saw why does it need to be plugged in? Of course I know that sometimes Ebay sellers dont show the actual picture. Then, how do I feed these worms? They got to eat something. What happens when they die, can I order more of them, or can I get them from a bait shop? They sure come out with some strange devices these days, and I cant see how a bunch of worms would run around in there to make the saw turn, but if it cuts wood, thats what counts.
Craig
snipped-for-privacy@speedynet.com wrote:

Don't worry, they are wood worms, so if you use the saw at least once a week they will get plenty of saw dust to eat.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Not sure if you are messin' or what, but a worm drive is somewhat like a circular saw but they are slightly larger and instead of driving the blade directly with the motor, the blade is drive by a worm gear and shaft from the motor. It results in a very powerful and very smooth and somewhat quieter saw. it is very good for smooth and controlled cuts.
"...Not sure if you are messin' or what..."
You've GOT to be kiddin!

My name is Craig, but after reading this post I think I'll change it. How about Giarc????
cm

snipped-for-privacy@speedynet.com wrote:

Of course the cord is needed, as is the battery in battery run ones. How else do you think you can get the worms to work. You'd get busy too if there was an electric current tickling your ass.
Harry K
snipped-for-privacy@speedynet.com, 5/26/2005, 6:35:44 AM,

The worms are inside the saw and they eat the wood instead of having a blade to cut it. This eliminates the sawdust generated by conventional electric saws. You will have to use the saw once a week if you don't want to replace the worms. The cord in the picture you saw was actually for powering the conventional saw-cutting sound generator. It's the same with the new electric cars. They're fixing to put "Vroom" generators on the electric cars so they make normal car sounds so people know they are running.
--
No matter what happens, someone will find a way to take it too
seriously.

You saw a worm drive?
Mums wrote:

Why did the snail put a big 'S' on the side of his car?
Duane Bozarth wrote:

His date refused to eat the foie gras. What is the best advice to give to worm?
tm wrote:

So his friends could see that S car go... :) ...
snipped-for-privacy@speedynet.com wrote:

Feed your offspring to them.