Wood Clapboard Types ?

Hello:
Will be calling some contractors in to replace our existing T1-11 type of siding with the "typical" wood clapboards.
I would like to learn a bit more first, before discussing it with them.
I'm thinking of the regular wood siding for the clapboards, rather than Hardi Board, or other engineered-wood types.
Is there such a thing as regular wood clapboards anymore ?
Are they (still) cedar ?
Any brands best, or is this pretty much of a generic item these days ?
What should I perhaps be asking them regarding what they will be using ?
Thanks, B.
Robert11 wrote:

A search for "wood siding" brought up a lot of hits. You might start with Bob Villa.com TB
your clapboard choice might be limited to woods desirable for your climate and readily available, as well as the appearance you desire. priming both sides and painting, or a better looking variety or quality for staining, will also affect your choices. don't forget insulation to be pumped into the wall cavities while the siding is off. and any window replacements?