wood cabinet stripping

I want to take my cabinet doors and have them stripped in preperation to paint them. I heard that there are companies that can "dip" them making the process easy. I don't want to spend days doing myself. What are those companies called? I'm drawing a blank and just need what type of company performs that kind of service.
Any tips on painting cabinets? The look that I DON'T want is the "rent house" look that has runs and streaks and looks like it's been carelessly painted 100 times. Is paint made that is real thin so it doesn't look like a paint job? See what I mean?
Thanks. I am a major newbie when it comes to this.
Tommy,
Look in your phone book under furniture refinishers. Your library will have books on DIY home repair, on painting and on furniture refinishing. A specialty paint store may also be a good source of advice on post stripping prep and painting.
Good luck, Dave M.
"Refinishers." A good paint job is all about preparation, and that means a good amount of time or money. Spray painting won't leave steaks, and a brush should not if done properly. You'll have to weigh the pros and cons against new cabinet doors.
On 26 Apr 2004 20:21:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (tommy) wrote:

Get prices on stripping and spraying , then get prices on replacement doors . You may find you are close, and can get a new look.
m Ransley wrote:

I agree. A commercial stripper is probably overkill, as it really cooks the wood, loosens glue, and raises grain. Spray paint by a pro or buy new doors. With just the original finish on them, sanding, priming and painting two coats would likely be my choice. Be sure to get all the grease off them first.
If the doors have a panel in the middle of framing they probably wouldn't survive dipping too well. If they're solid wood without glued joints you'd be better off.
On 26 Apr 2004 20:21:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (tommy) wrote:

Thanks for the information, everyone! I really appreciate it.