Wire Door Bell to Ring LOUD Out Back?

I admit, normally, I extensively search before I post. But wasn't sure how to "explain" this issue.
Wife's VERY old aunt is still pretty mobile. But she likes to work in the backyard of her suburban tract home on nice days.
She's a sociable sort and actually has a fair number of visitors during the week. If she is gardening in the backyard, people ring the bell and she doesn't hear it.
My solution was to leave door unlocked so friends could come through. Other relatives are agast at my solution. So, solution 2 is to have some sort of set-up so if someone rings front door bell, it rings loud in the back.
I figure some of you experts would know how to do this and could explain it to that even a electrical nimcompoop such as myself could follow your direction.
Any brave souls?
tim birr wrote:

a sign stating: go around back if doorbell not answered.
tim birr wrote:

Just splice in a line from your existing doorbell, and run it to another doorbell (bell, buzzer, what have you), which you place it outside, or in a location where it is heard in the backyard. Make sure it's the same voltage as the existing one, and have at it.
Jon

I'm not a big fan of wireless doorbell systems, as many of them don't work properly unless you hold your finger on the button for an inordinate amount of time. You could add a second bell to the system, but unless you also get a double sized transformer to power the two chimes, you'll just get two dim ringers. In my opinion the easiest solution is to get a bell chime extender. This is a simple two piece set. One part connects to the existing chime's 3 terminals. Front-Trans-Rear, and the ringer part just plugs into any outlet in the house. In your situation it could be plugged into a back porch, outside outlet, or even an extension cord. When someone rings the front bell, this doohickey sends a signal to the extended ringer and they both ring simultaneously. You can also use several ringers at multiple locations. Here is a link: http://www.smarthome.com/5081/Plug-In-Extend-A-Chime/p.aspx
On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:29:06 -0700 (PDT), tim birr

A low voltage bell, like this might work.
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/Low-Voltage-Bell-1FD16
"Low-voltage, surface-mount devices are ideal for store rooms, back offices, and office waiting areas."
Get a baby monitor. Plug in the base near the front door. Have Ma carry the remote. Big sign on front door. Press bell, then talk into baby monitor to tell Ma you're here.
Mechanical church bell, and chain to pull?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus