Windscreen wipers frozen to windshield

Page 2 of 2
<< Can anybody suggest any way to unfreeze them, other than the obvious run the engine and turn on the heat? >>
Keep a spritzer bottle of IsoHeet in the car. It's pure isopropyl alcohol and won't damage paint or rubber, but does a number on ice very nicely. Get the product at any auto parts place. Does pretty well on frozen door locks, too. HTH
Joe
Into less than a gallon of windshield washer solution, add one of those dollar bottles of isopropyl alcohol

run the

and
the
too.
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:22:26 -0500, "George Eberhardt"

Just run the engine and turn on the defroster until it melts. I fyou pull them away from the glass they can easily tear. Next time move the wipers off the windshield. Some of the de-icer sprays could damage your car finish.
Pour boiling water over them until they free up. Des

the
has been

run the

Whoa. Warm/hot water is plenty. Could crack something if the thermal shock is great enough... Tom Someday, it'll all be over....
Tom wrote:

please don't use hot water will crack.

Don't they still make those deicing sprays? 12 oz cans of some stuff,I used to buy it when I lived up in the Winter Wonderlands.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

the
I use Prestone De-icer, it comes in a can with a plastic ice scrapper on the top. You can probably get it at the grocery store or a place that sells car stuff like Penn Jersey or Pep Boys. You just spray it on and it melts the ice.

I'm just wondering if you're sitting in front of your computer waiting for an answer from a newsgroup!
Your wife's car will be hot by the time you get the right answer.

I read that you already got the wipers unstuck.
For the future, I wonder if you could prevent the problem in the first place by parking the car in a garage or covering the windshield with a tarp?
Just a thought...
Anthony

A method to 'prevent' the problem :
on some cars you can LIFT the wiper blades off the windshield during snow or ice or at night
barring that, work the wipers til they are in the middle of the windshield and turn off the car = easier to work them free vs being in a SOLID BLOCK of ice at BASE of windshield here in New Jersey
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com.mado (Conase) wrote in message

I'm surprised that your wife is just now discovering "ice" in winter. Did you guys just move from Houston yesterday? Now that she has the wipers cleared up, you should go check the wipers yourself to be sure the edge did not get ripped. Otherwise, your next call will be, "Honey, the wiper is making a scratching noise and there's a fat line on the window."