Windows installed with no drip tray above?

The former owner had some windows installed but for some reason they took out the drip tray (thin piece of tin that redirects water away from the window - not sure what it's called officially). Our house is stucco and there's no room to slip another drip tray on the top of the window between the trim and stucco.
Water is dripping inside our house onto our new hardwood floors - right now we have a large cup catching the water with a towel underneath in case it overflows. We are looking for a more permanant solution than this! Do we need to have the windows reinstalled? Or is there a way we could put a decent silicone on top of the window so it will keep the water out?
Even if the silicone (or whatever material is suitable) has to be reapplied every year or few years, as long as it will keep the water from entering that would be okay until we have the $ to get the windows redone if thats what truly needs to be done.
Any solutions for us?
Thanks in advance, Shaynelle

That thing is called flashing. You do not have to replace the window for a permanent fix. It is possible to neatly cut away the plaster if it is necessary to install flashing.
Silicon caulk is alway a good fixer where leaks are involved. Buy high quality clear silicon. The surfaces must be clean and dry for good results so wait until it dries out to fix.