Will "texturing" help obscure ceiling imperfection?

After removing a stub partition in a bathroom remodel the ceiling repair left some unevenness. A painter is telling me that he wants to do "texturing" to help obscure the problem. I've also heard about a texturing process done with drywall compound that is better.

The questions are (a) will either of these things help, and (b) what should the cost be. The bathroom is about 65 sq ft.

TIA

Ed

Reply to
jagerEd

first you get the ceiling perfect then you put the texture on.. no the texture will not cover up the mess of a ceiling..... unless you want the bumps in the texture to be about 3 to 4 inches high then no one will see it anyway......

Reply to
jim