Wierd stain on new driveway

Page 3 of 3

My wife says "enough already". I have to get rid of the stain and she doesn't care if I figure out where it came from. ;-)
I'm going to try some bleach and some standard cleaners on some small areas. Does anyone have any suggestions for what type of cleaner might be most effective?

Try some lemon juice from the bottle on a very small area. Let it sit for a minute and rinse well.
While we are at it, how deep is the paver base in this area? Everyone thinks the stain is from above. What if it is coming from a chemical reaction from below? Some trees secrete nasty stuff from the roots though I am at a complete loss as to what it might be in your case. I recall getting orange hands while pulling out the roots of some tree/bush.
Colbyt
On Thu, 20 May 2010 14:20:00 -0400, "Colbyt"

I'll give that a try.

I can't see it coming from below. The pavers are 3-4 inches thick. Under that is about 2-3 inches of gravel. Under that is 2-3 inches of new dirt leveled and compacted. And, the stain appeared in just a few hours and is in the exact shape of the tree shadow.
Anyway, thanks for the lemon juice suggestion.
Prof Wonmug wrote the following:

Pavers are stored outdoors in all kinds of weather. They probably get saturated and take time to dry out. The pavers that were put down in the sun probably dried enough, but the ones in the shade are still damp. You probably noticed the difference because when the pavers were freshly laid, they were all equally damp. Spray some water on the dry ones around the shaded area and see if they all become the same color as the shaded ones.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Mebbe they are Chinese pavers with iron waste mixed in that started to rust?

Why don't you just call the contractor up and ask him to take a look. He might know a helluva lot more than the people here. If not too many pavers are involved, he might even be nice enough to replace them for you at a reduced price or for free.
Sanity wrote:

Or - turn them over.

Or..... look the other way.
Bob F wrote the following:

Unless they are pavers with only one finished side (chamfered edges), which most decorative pavers have..
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

PRESSURE WASHER
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

Semen?
--
Tekkie

Use Mold and Mildew (ZEP ) from Home Depot , or Lowe's .
Col. Edmund Burke posted for all of us...

Yours or your "girlfriends"? You just lick them up anyway.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*