Why would anyone want to slice up a musical instrument?

They keep playing this commercial on tv advertising a "Mandolin Slicer". I know that a mandolin is a stringed musical instrument similar (but different) to a guitar.
Buying a slicer to slice up a costly musical instrument seems really stupid!

Obviously the OP has never been subjected to multiple hours of mandolin playing at a blue grass festival. If he or she had been, the utility of the slicer would have been self evident.

You, OTOH, seem to be less than capable of escaping prolonged madolin playing. Were you tied to a post? Are you brain dead? Why are you sniveling about being tied to a bluegrass festival? Actually, I may sympathize, but I jes wanna hear yer story. ;)
nb
--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!

Did not drive, it was way out in the boondocks, and I hadn't, at the time, realized how large a part mandolins played in bluegrass. If it makes you feel any better I haven't made that rookie mistake again (grin)
wrote in

I was going to say that when my son took up the saxaphone back in 1986, I wold have wante a similar slicer. He could only get a GRONK sound from the horn. I spent a lot of time at bars then.