Why I love Home Depot

Page 2 of 2
SteveB wrote:

Amen. And thanks for the tip on DiStefano's.
wrote in message

Well, good. Then keep your cheap ass down there with the chuckawallas and roadrunners. Apparently 40 million people disagree with you. But what do they know?
Steve
SteveB wrote:

water table is dropping, just like down in Arizona big cities, at some point the problem will solve itself. Assuming Washington has sense to not fund any of the proposed schemes to drain Great Lakes thataway vis gazillion dollar pipeline.
aem sends...

Yes. Nove of those are of interest or need to me.
Besides, it is 100+ degrees from May to September

I was just stating the positives.
The negatives:
Heat Smog Traffic HORRIBLE drivers High insurance rates High crime rates High suicide rates Illegal aliens from various planets High housing costs Gangs Other various idiots
Need I go on?
Nowhere is perfect.
Steve

When I first started going there, traffic was not so bad. Every visit seems worse and the view from the sky just shows more and more lights spreading further and further away. The Strip is just such an incredible mass of people and cars on a Friday or Saturday night I'm amazed that it moves at all.
Vegas still has some of the best shows and restaurants though. While I have no desire to live there, it is one of those places that everyone should experience for a few days.
As for your last item, the "other various idiots", that just adds character.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome /

.

wrote in message

I close my eyes.
I imagine what the Strip was like in the 1960's.
(I was a valet parking attendant, and could tell you stories.)
I see what it is now.
I sigh .......................
Last one turn out the lights ...................
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Do the locals still eat at Jerry's Nugget in north L.V.? ;-) IIRC the prime rib was par excellence.

Yes, Jerry's is still there with it's economy prime rib dinner. Lots of other places with good cheap prime rib, too. If you shop around, there are lots of food and entertainment bargains in Vegas.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Well yeah, but I'm not a shopper really. I go with local advice. I hate the Strip, avoid it like the plague, and stay downtown at the 4 Queens. I was told about Jerry's many years ago. It's an old joint for sure, but the p.rib is hard to beat. Where else would you suggest for good beef and seafood w/o the Bellagio prices?

I don't know. We live there, and people assume that we eat at all the restaurants.
Do this. Google Review Journal Best Of Las Vegas. It's a yearly local survey, and the people of Las Vegas choose THEIR favorite places.
If you like Italian, DiStefano's at Trop and Pecos is one of our favorites. Great Italian with off the Strip prices. The seafood combo is actually a cioppino like soup dish with lobster, calamari, shrimp, mussels, and other seafood. MONDO portions. All their other stuff is good, too. From the time you hit the front door and the aroma grabs you, it's like going 25 years back to the old Vegas. They have a lounge lizard that performs a few days a week.
Steve

It's the natural beauty and peaceful demeanor of the place that draws people from all across the country.
<In case you decide to refute this, pls see the inital postings in this thread re: sarcasm>
Edwin Pawlowski writes:

Had a similar experience with a kitchen remodel. They show up at an unapppointed time, with no one home to sign for $1000s worth of stuff, so they left it with no signature. Plus they left their dolly and never came back for it.
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:45:07 -0700, "SteveB"

Not a single person :-))
Expect to wait it out in this market. Keep in mind the "right buyer" hasn't been through them yet. Stay positive...if you can:)
-- Oren
"Painting is the art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather and exposing them to the critics."

We're going to continue using them as vacation rentals. We have them booked into May of '08 currently. We will be installing a management couple soon, which will lessen our headaches and involvement in their management. This is a lucky situation. Lots of people in Vegas are walking, or just hoping to rent them out and break even.
Las Vegas is running out of land, so I see it starting to swing back in two to three years, then zoom. I don't know if I want to hold on that long. I do have some other things in the pipeline and some first trust deed investments that will hold us until then. Luckily.
Steve
Wasn't that the show with Lucille Ball? I love Lucid?
--

Christopher A. Young
.

"SteveB" < snipped-for-privacy@hi-speed.us> wrote in message
curmudgeon wrote:

the big box kool-aid and actually believe all of the stuff they are told.
Advertising is powerful and thats why big box places spend 100s of millions telling you how wonderful they are.

And the sheep swallow. There's nothing better than sheep that swallow. Other than a girlfriend that does ........................ ;-)
Steve
Home Depot RE delivered the stuff today that they were supposed to deliver today, but delivered last Friday. In the mix were three 24" cabinets that were not on the order, but the driver DIDN'T want to take back.
I Love Home Depot.
Steve
PS: I gave the driver $20 to cover lunch. And I just about had to hold him down to get it in his pocket.