Why do I need an electrical box?

Page 2 of 2

*I do not think so. I have seen plastic boxes deform as a result of heat from arcing connections. They also melt from fire. A few months ago I got a call about a bad electric dryer receptacle. There was a loose connection on the receptacle which caused arcing. The heat generated from the arcing melted the plastic surrounding one prong of the dryer cord and one side of the plastic electrical box was charred ash.
Add pictures here
✖
mike__ snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote in news:n073q5548m3trlkmkp0vl2lllb7vqlpogq@ 4ax.com:

Dear Troll:

You need to sell that to the electrical or home inspctor. Not anyone here. Good luck.
p.s. You will lose.
p.p.s. The earth is not a box. That's why you need a box.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 17, 10:27 pm, mike snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

Good Lord! A box and cover can be bought for less than $1. Why burn you house down over a buck!!!!
RonB
Add pictures here
✖
RonB wrote:

I actually know people who are that stupid/cheap.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 17, 10:27 pm, mike snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

Hmmmmm.....Me thinks we have been trolled!
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:27:06 -0600, mike__ snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

You must use an accessible box if you want to follow the NEC (and most other codes). They are very inexpensive, with a cover, about $2.
Add pictures here
✖

The rule is not special for you but universal, so that it covers the average inexperienced handyman, i.e. reduces the chance of his burning down his own house and yours next door as well.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Doesn't matter. He done good.....Got us going with this one! :^}
Add pictures here
✖