Whole house fan

I'm looking for a QUIET fan to ventilate my cabin through a vertical wall in a loft area. It needs to move about 3-4000 cu. ft./min. Needs to fit in 26 inch opening. I currently have gable fans that are so noisy they can't be used. A belt driven fan would be preferable from what I've been able to read on the net. Does anybody in this group have any suggestions or experience that would help?
I have used those that mount horizontally in the ceiling of the first floor and blow air into the attic. They work great, but it is my understanding that these cannot be mounted vertically.
Thanks, Harry

Start with www.mcmaster.com They carry many types and sizes. That's a lot of air for a cabin!
From my admittedly limited experience with these types of fans, you are moving quite a bit of air through a moderately sized opening, and regardless of the type of drive, you are going to get quite a bit of "air" noise from the fan blade itself. The easy fix in most cases is a larger, slower moving fan, but that won't help you ...
- Magnusfarce

This delivers more air (3560 cfm at 170 watts), but it's less efficient than their 4TM66 (2470 cfm at 90 watts), which is Lasko's "industrial" version of the 2155A, so it's probably noisier too.
Nick