Whirlpool Washing Machine Problem Solved.

This is Turtle.
Some time Back I had posted about my washing machine was stopping at time and when I slam the lide it would go back to working. I call my washer repair man and he took it all to pieces and found nothing wrong with it. It went back to working and now it has been about 6 months later it started it again. I called my washer man again and he found it right off for the cord to it has a plastic plug in and it had burnt off. All this time it was the connection in this plastic plug in that was doing all this. He put another cord and new plactic plug in and everybody is happy. I wanted say this because my washer man has seen 2 others on the model made about 10 years ago on Whirlpool models. My one was the third he seen in a short time. This may be a item to watch for down the road for anybody working on these washers. Check the plastic plug in when having odd shut down problem.
TURTLE

Right in the main power cord male-female plug.....go figure! Have seen a few male-female plugs arc and burn for the lid switch but not the main power cord yet. Thankx for the update!!

been
plastic
another
road
This is Turtle.
My repair man did say it was odd but he has seen two more in the last 6 months and never before that time at all. It did seem odd to me too.
TURTLE
TURTLE wrote:

Thanks for the heads up turtle. I have whirlpool about 12 years old. So far, so good. I did have to change the little clutch like plastics in the top of the agitator once.
Now, the door switch metal feeler broke on the whirlpool dryer, so i just bypassed it for now. Just have to make sure i don't open the door while there is still time on the timer until i get around to fixing it.
Bob