Whirlpool washer vibrating after spin cycle.

I have a 5 year old Whirlpool Gold washing machine. It has been working pretty well for years. As a matter of fact it is still working, however, it vibrates horribly when coming out of spin cycle. It sounds like a large rig when they use the Jake brakes (hope i spelled that right). It happens every time the washer ends a spin cycle. I have manually turned the drum and can feel the thumping point twice per revolution. When I look at the brake kit on the internet it looks as if it has two large catches or pawls or something on it. It also costs about $90! Anybody have any ideas as to what EXACTLY is causing this? Also, I assume the brake is just to speed the cycle up. If the brake is the problem, can I electrically disable it?
Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

Hi,
Saw this posting of yours first.... http://www.selfhelpforums.com/showthread.php?t 02

Why fix it? The ladies in the neighborhood may enjoy leaning up against it while doing laundry. You have a potential money maker there.
Hey polock eddy. If you got nothing to add, just STFU. Sick of your useless posts. Your mom know her son is a post whore?
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"revove spam bloxxxx" <"KrazeePhillipinoNO(revove spam

Yeah, she is proud of me.
Why don't you post your real name? Oh, no balls.