Whirlpool Washer LSQ9244EZ0 water drains during initial fill

When you start the machine and the water is filling, it doesn't completely fill because it is draining or leaking back. If you start and stop the machine a few times, it will usually work normally. My Wife thinks that it only does this with large clothes loads, which may have someting to do with the load size selection.
Would appreciate any thoughts on this.
Mike
snipped-for-privacy@westendstudio.com wrote:

Hi,
Water may be syphoning out.... http://www.applianceaid.com/faq-washers.html#filling
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

I believe you are right....I looked at the drain hose setup.....I have a horizontal 1" iron drain pipe coming out of the wall behind the washer and the drain hose is clamped directly to it. I sure changing this will cure the problem....Thanks!!!
Mike