whirlpool refrigerator vent iced up

Hello, We have a whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator. The top vent that sends air from freezer to refrigerator section shows ice particles in the refrigerator vent (top vent).

The milk has spoiled already. The frig is a little over a year old, but we don't have the service contract. Some vegetables also appear not be cooled enough.

Can anyone offer some advice to correct this problem? THank you very much!

Reply to
curious

There is a fan that moves air between the two compartments. If the fan dies, so does the fridge, but the freezer will still be cold. Check it out;

Also check out

Edwin Pawlowski

This is Turtle.

Sound like you have a evaperator coil icing up on you. If it is under 1 year old call the manufactor to fix it for nothing. If over a year old it's your repair to make.

If your going to do it yourself go to

like Edwin said.

If your going to call for service by a refrigerator service company. Your looking at changing the defrost terminator, defrost heating element , Defrost timer, or even maybe a evaperator fan or blade. The bad compressor, low on freon , and thermostat hanging up does not come into play here.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Hi,

Model#?

model# helps.

WLP has had problems with the motorized vent door called a diffuser, it may need to be replaced.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Sounds like defrost failure. Call the repairman.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon