refrigerator vents iced up

Hello, Posted earlier regarding a whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator with iced up top vents.

I wanted to add that there is still air coming out of the vent, but the vent shows some ice particles.

I checked repairclinic.com, and it says it could be either evaporator coils or condenser.

How about the cleaning of the coils from under the frigde? Would skipping this task cause the ice buildup?

This frig is only a bit over a year old. Is that a possible problem? I don't have the service contract, but was wondering if others have had any luck with similar problems.

The model is ed5nhg I believe.

Thanks much, C

Reply to
curious

Yes. Clean them and be sure you have good air circulation. Check the inside temperature with a reliable thermometer. It may take a few days to celar automaticlly, or you can defrost it yourself. Just don't pok anything around the coils.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski