Whirlpool Duet or, HE-3T

Hi, I have a question please, for anyone that owns either of these front-loading washers: "Whirlpool Duet " or the Kenmore "HE 3T"
How long do the cycles take? For example, if I want to wash something on "whites" setting, using the "extra rinse" option???
I am so used to my old washing machine taking a total of 30 minutes, that I was curious if the Duet or the HE3T is faster or slower?
.... also, can you adjust the wash and rinse times individually? (maybe one day, I need something washed fast and want to choose the minutes...etc.)
THANK YOU!!
n snipped-for-privacy@sharblbaziilyar.com said...

I have a Duet and the normal white cycle (called "whitest whites") takes 60 minutes. You can shorten the rinse cycles, on the white cycle, but you can also just do a normal wash with a hot wash and cold rinse which takes about 40 minutes.
Same with the Kenmore he-3, you can adjust the cycles for more or less dirt, extra rinses or not,extra spin, etc. It is an hour an whitest whites if you leave it at their original settings but about 40 minutes on a normal cycle
Use much less water, clothes practically dry when come out so less dryer time, MUCH less.

My clothes are also very dry coming out of the Duet (after the 7.2 on the richter scale that comes from the spin cycle), but that thing can fit such a huge pile of clothes that it still takes an hour in the dryer.

You need to balance it. Then tighten the nuts on the feet to lock it in.
Don <donwiss at panix.com>.
He could also add plywood as the instructions recommend. Even so at highest spin speeds the sheet metal on the left hand side of my KEnmore HE3T sometimes makes a racket.

I have a new Kenmore HE 3T. It has a variety of cycles and cycle modifiers. It has a minute countdown but don't believe it. I've seen it on the final minute for a long long time. Expect cycles to be longer than top loaders. I've owned a Maytag Neptune too and those cycles were probably shorter than the HE 3T but still longer than top loaders. By the way both front loader brands are good.

I also have the HE 3T. Like Art I've noticed that the minute countdown is not reliable.

Good but not reliable. If you buy a front loader be prepared for repairs. Mine's broken now. I had an appointment for today, but Sears somehow lost it. Since it is an electrical problem I'm expecting a whopper of a charge. Since I live alone, I figure in the year and a half that I've owned it I haven't even run it 100 times yet.
Don <donwiss at panix.com>.
donwiss@no_spam.com said...

It's not on the Duet either.

I had a problem with mine leaking, but I was able to fix it myself. The boot between the door and the drum had worked it's way loose.
Somehow I think there is a way to reset the electronics..... have you given that a try? Check the instructions. If nothing there I'll try to find where I saw it.

Oh, I can reset it. But it still doesn't spin properly and the clothes are still heavy with water. After the cycle is over, if I do a spin only cycle, it does spin properly. But add in the wait before I get back to the machine, and then the additional 15 minutes or so for a real spin cycle (it says 11 minutes, but it isn't reliable), it adds up to too much time.
Don <donwiss at panix.com>.