Whirlpool dryer won't start sort of

Our dryer, an LEC6848A Whirlpool, recently decided it didn't want to start. Turns out though, we discovered if we very carefully rotate the cycle knob, we can in fact find spots on the dial where it will start up, so we have been doing that to run it. Does this mean there's a pot wiper that's gone through the resistance layer in most of the travel? So we need to replace the 'control knob assembly'?

Reply to
Nicholas

Hi, Timer assembly, you can take old one out and exchange for new or rebuilt one at the parts store.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Call repairclinic.com for the parts and advice you need.

Joe

Reply to
Joe