Whirlpool dishwasher front panel

We have a built-in Whirlpool Quiet Wash Series dishwasher. The panel that covers the door and the rubber strip that held it in place fell off. We have been unable to get the strip and panel to stay back on. The rubber strip has foam backing. Thanks for any advice.
Get out parts list, order new, apply per instructions.
Pop

tenplay wrote:

Hi,
This does little to ID the d/w.....model#??
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.
Hopefully someone will recognize it and can help :)
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Thanks for responding. The Model # is DU8700XY-5. The serial # is FC4419548.
tenplay wrote:

panel
fell
on.
Hi,
The parts breakdowns might help... http://tinyurl.com/9fagm Appears #20 pushes/clips into #26 to hold the panal in place.
There is an "Dishwasher door panel channel retainer kit" for your model#.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N'29
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Thanks for finding the information for me. The "retainer kit" looks like parts #20 & 26 plus some kind of adhesive. It seems I already have the parts and perhaps just need the correct adhesive to reattach the door panel. What kind of adhesive would do the best job? Is it as simple as I am describing or should I order the "retainer kit" for $40? Mike
tenplay wrote:

have
$40?
Hi,
*As long* as they are intact/not cracked or broken and will hold ok, they likely can be reused. New kit -may- be something updated, might call them and ask about that.

A water and higher temp adhesive should do fine... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N63
Outside the d/w the above is fine, inside we use something food grade/safe!
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Thanks again, Jeff. Very kind of you to help me with your advice. I left an email message at the Whirlpool website asking their opinion of whether I need new parts or not. With their help and yours, I should be able to make the repair. Mike