Whirlpool ad at Costco

Latest ad shows a nice sale on a Whirlpool washer and dryer called the Duet Sport. That's right, Sport. I called SWMBO over to ask what made a laundry pair a Sport model, and got the expected rationale, "Only some dumb fool in marketing would think doing laundry is a sport". If she's wrong, and doing the dirty linen has become a sport, what are the rules? Is there a sanctioning body? Can only a single washer be entered in the contest? How much is the prize money? Enlighten us, please, we're small town folks.
Joe

It smells like dirty athletic socks? ...or something?

If you're small town folks, you'll probably never raise the money to send your daughter to laundry training camp, let alone the Olympics.

You missed the point.
This unit can only be used to wash Sport related items.
Baseball uniforms, sport bras, cleats, golf clubs, javelins, etc.
Who wants to throw a dirty javelin?