Where to purchase electric fireplaces

Can anyone recommend a place to purchase an electric fireplace?
Regards, Robert

A place that sells gas fireplaces (a hearth store) should carry electric.
The big box stores were clearing them out right after Christmas at as much as 50% off. Bought one for Mother In Law at Menards, but saw good prices at Home Depot, also.
Tom G.

Isn't it dangerous for Santa to come down an electric fireplace?
Does it help to use a GFCI?

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 09:38:12 -0500, someone wrote:

(Trying hard to understand this concept!)

heaters but a bit prettier to have in the room. They really have a realistic "flame" look now. And no wood to haul in and drip snow all over the living room carpet. I actually have a stainless steel chimney in the corner of my living room but we didn't want the bother of running a wood stove and really didn't need the heat as the gas furnace works great...just wanted the decorative effect. Of course the cost of energy may change my mind on that. And Mother In Law at 84 yrs of age was looking for something to warm up her legs while sitting in her favorite chair.
Tom G.

Exactly my thoughts. I have a fireplace chase plumbed for gas. I don't really want to go through all the bother of installing a real gas fireplace as the permits, gas-fitter, etc. will run up quite a bill for something I want only for the decorative effect.

I recall an unfavorable medical condition where folks putting their feet against the fireplace caused the blood capillaries in the legs to dilate. The end result was an ugly web of red capillaries in the legs and perhaps develop some other disabilities arising from that. Check with your doctor about this. An electric blanket to warm the legs might be a better idea.
Admittedly a radical concept- DAGS.
These things are as common as dirt, and about as efficient, overall. No way I could recommend one- not one with an electric heat strip. Don't let me stop you, though.
I want the electric fireplace more as a decorative piece of furniture.
I have looked at Home Depot, Lowes, Pennys, Sears, etc. No luck on anything decent.
Thanks for the replies, Robert