Where to buy metal cutting bandsaw blades?

I went to a local auction and bought an "Omaha Industrial Tools" O.I.T metal cutting bandsaw, Model BSHV-45. I looked up their website and did not find much. It appears that Northern Tool sells or sold this brand, but it's not on their websiet either. The tool is made in Taiwan, but it appears to be well made. The only thing I can find wrong with it, is that the power switch is bad, and someone direct wired it. And the plastic shroud (shield) over the gears is broken and falls off. Some duct tape will fix that shroud, or maybe I'll make some metal bracket to hold it in place. And the switch is just a common toggle switch that I can buy anywhere.

But it needs a new blade. It's listed on the tag to be a 1/2" X 025 X

64 1/2". In other words, the blade is 1/2" wide and 64 1/2" long. I'm guessing the 025 must mean the number of teeth???? [or is that 0.25), but it looks like a common hacksaw blade).

Anyhow, I have never owned one of these. so I'm wondering where to buy replacment blades (online, or at a store). ???? Does anyone know? Is this a standard size blade?

Thanks

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

Standard 4x6 horizontal bandsaw . I buy the Irwin bimetal blades from Enco , usually about 15 bucks . The blade is 1/2 inch wide , 64 1/2 inches long , and .025 inches thick . They are available in many tooth counts and configurations , I use the 10/14 variable pitch for 90% of my cutting , sometimes need more TPI for thin stock . Go to yahoo groups , check out the

4x6 bandsaw group's archives for a wealth of information .
Reply to
Terry Coombs