Where to buy fireplace surround

Hi:
I think thats what there called. Its the metal cover with mesh that covers the fireplace. Very decorative. Any deals out there? I have some odd sizes so it has to be custom built.
Thanks
SEPrince1 wrote:

I suggest you call it a fireplace screen. The surround is something else.
Try your local fireplace shops or chimney sweeps.. They should know someone who can take care of it for you.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
I used to work in a hardware store, now long closed, that sold the screens seasonally. IIRC the brand we used when a custom size was required was Portland Willamette http://www.portwill.com/ they have a dealer locator on their site. I would start there.
Now - why do you need a custom size??? Most screens go in front of the opening and are made to cover a range of sizes.
The custom ones we did were scribed to the inside of openings. We would make a cardboard template, cut to fit, then trace that to a luan plywood template and then trim that up to fit. This was then used as a template to make the custom door. These were VERY custom doors and prices accordingly IIRC.

the
it