Wheelbarrow Question

Page 1 of 2
Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?
On Feb 26, 8:30�pm, yard dude not wrote:

a yard is 3 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet. can be dirt or concrete or whatever
wheelbarrows come in many sizes
yard dude not wrote in

What size lot?

If the dirt has lots of stones in it do you need as many loads?

No, as long as they are stones for lots. Did you mean stones for lots, lots of stones or lots of stones for lots?
Red Green wrote:

Why do you want to stone Lot?
jJim McLaughlin wrote:

I always thought it's his wife that's stone ...
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
"Jeff Wisnia" <> wrote in message > I always thought it's his wife that's stone ...
Ah, Lots wife. She was the salt of the earth... Sue Minocqua, WI Yamaha '00 VStar 650 '04 TW200 (mud = fun) Kawasaki '95 Vulcan 1500 V#15937
"Do what you want and say what you feel because those that mind, don't matter and those that matter, don't mind". ~Dr. Seuss
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 22:33:06 GMT, "Susan wrote:

Don't look back..... -- Oren
Susan (CobbersMom) wrote:

I must have been thinking of rock salt when I wrote "stone". <G>
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

I used to get stoned a lot.
<yard dude not> wrote in message

A yard is 27 cu ft. If you have a 6 cu ft wheelbarrow, that would be 5.

Another way to think of it is 500 pounds per trip.

???

___________
Sow in a wheelbarrow
This farmer has a sow he would like to get pregnant but he doesnt have a bore(male pig).His neighbor tells him he has a bore bring your sow over and he'll get her pregnant.
The farmer says sure but how will I know if she's pregnant.Neighbor says watch her in the morning if she rolls in the clover she's pregnant,if she rolls in the mud she's not.So the farmer loads the sow in his wheelbarrow and takes her to the neighbors and leavs her with the bore everyday for a week.Every morning she's rolling in the mud,so he's gotta put her in the wheelbarrow and take her to the neighbors again.
He's getting tired of this'next morning he says to his wife "Honey look out the window and tell me if the pigs rolling in the mud or the clover"His wife has a look and comes back say's"She aint rolling in the mud or the clover,she's sittin in the wheelbarrow. ___________ -- Oren

Come to think of it, 500# seems be a little much, stress on the anatomy and the wheelbarrow itself, when moving a few yards on anything other than on a smooth and level surface. I'm good about 1/2 hour with 500# but could do it all day long under 300# moving over uneven ground and slight incline.
depends on the size of the wheel barrow. There are many.
<yard dude not> wrote in message

S. Barker wrote:

A 4 wheel cart with a dump body is easier.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

A dump truck even better...
message

That depends. How big of a yard do you want? Just keep adding more dirt until the yard is the size you need.... Sue Minocqua, WI Yamaha '00 VStar 650 '04 TW200 (mud = fun) Kawasaki '95 Vulcan 1500 V#15937