What would you do?

Page 3 of 4

Yep, but at what time? You have done two things.
1. Made a totally unwarrant assumption.
2. Gave some piss poor advice.
Harry K

I lived in VT for many years. It is legal to walk down the street with a loaded gun in a holster anytime. And during hunting season, no one robs a convenience store. Who would pull a gun on a clerk when 20 people behind you are openly armed?
Red Green wrote:

I'm sure there were once some, but the herd got culled long ago.

I have Utah, Nevada and Florida CCF permits. With reciprocity, that totals a lot of states. Yet, Vermont has the best CCF laws in the US bar none. And it's all based on common sense, something seriously lacking in today's world.
Steve

Cow tipping can be very unhealthy.

Yea, you don't need a permit.

And your posts are the best evidence of that. If you ever acted, even once, as you have stupidly advised the OP to do, you'd lose all three of those CCF permits.
If in fact you even have them.
--
Regards,

Huh? Telling him to be a man on his own property?
Steve

A *man* doesn't need to draw a deadly weapon to deal with a neighbor who came over to talk to him about a complaint.
Only a fool draws a deadly weapon in response to a conversation.
And only a complete idiot would publicly advise others to do so; perhaps you'll recognize yourself in this category, but probably you won't.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

Amen to that. People like him give the 99% of gun owners who are rational and not trying to prove something, a bad name. Real men don't need to talk about how tough they are.
-- aem sends....

real men can control their tempers,too.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

They also don't write in to newsgroups whining about people coming on their property, looking for support from other whiners.
Steve

That is not unique to VT. Many people do not know that even in many CCW permit states that carrying a weapon _openly_ is legal. It is in WA, It is in ID - in fact last year or the year before in ID a couple HS students strapped on hoglegs and wore them every where. Shocked people to find out they couldn't do anything about it. I don't recall if they tried wearing them on school grounds.
Harry K
On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:03:45 -0700, Harry K wrote:

Wow.
So, I just have a couple of questions:
1) did the OP try talking to the guy and explaining his point of view to him in a rational manner? I understand not being able to do so on the spur of the moment, since it's obviously a surprising and obnoxious complaint, but I would recommend popping over and attempting a rational discussion with the guy before pulling a gun on him.
2) What does this have to do with home repair?

Errm...that wasn't my post. I think you are replying to the same guy I replied to.
Harry K
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:34:43 -0400, Major D. wrote:

Ask him to suggest what you should do to lower the noise. After, laugh in his face and walk away. I could understand his concern if you came home blasting the stereo with open windows.
--
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
Major D. wrote:

Motorcycle, too?
on 4/16/2008 7:34 PM Major D. said the following:

Laugh!
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY