What type of paint?

I just closed on a fixer-upper 4-2-2 house yesterday. It's going to be a move-in and live type of renovation. I've got everything taken care of with the exception of one question. I'll be replacing the drop in gas cooktop (old one shot) but want to paint the panels on the built in over doors. What type of paint is recommended?
Thanks
Jim

"enamel" made for appliances.......especially made for an oven.
which panel.............not the glass I hope? how would you know when the turkey is done if you can't see the little "pop-up"?