what to do with leftover fuel oil?

Page 3 of 4

I'm not a long haul driver. But, I've heard that's a common thing that cops do at roadside truck check and weigh stations. For commercial trucks, of course.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I'm not talking about putting it in a long haul rig, I'm talking about putting it in a regular car or pickup.
Add pictures here
✖
Thus, the tail "for commercial trucks of course". Some deductive logic would have hinted that I'm not talking about passenger cars or light trucks.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Yesterday. A local farmer got busted for running ag diesel in his pickup truck out where I grew up.
Add pictures here
✖
jamesgangnc wrote:

So mix it with legal fuel if you are paranoid, a few gallons at a time. I highly doubt even the state excise cops would give a rat's ass about a one-time expedient disposal of some salvage heating oil. They are only concerned with farmers and businesses that have fuel-oil powered heat, like out in the barns out back, and replumb the tank to run their over-the-road trucks off of it.
It's a win-win for the state. It would cost them millions to remediate if you dump it out back, or down a sewer. The five bucks in taxes they lose is nothing by comparision. Unless you piss them off, most field enforcement people do have discretion to use common sense.
--
aem sends...

Add pictures here
✖

if your diesel car has a particulate filter,using high sulfur fuel will ruin it.They are expensive to replace.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yes, just use it in a diesel truck. Of course, you can send those taxes to the state later.
Add pictures here
✖

I'll give you 25 cents a gallon (DELIVERED).
Add pictures here
✖

== Whatever you do, don't sell it to some swarthy individual with an Arabic accent and who drives a half-ton loaded with fertilizer. ==
Add pictures here
✖
Tom wrote:

Dark of night, 5 gallon bucket or pump/hose,sewer...
Add pictures here
✖
That sounds like an eco nightmare. I'd find some way to burn it, either via engine, or furnace, or bonfire.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 3/25/2010 6:22 PM, Richard Blaine wrote:

Where do you live so the OP can do it on *YOUR* street?
Add pictures here
✖

Use it for breakfast in place of orange juice.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 25, 10:12 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

So *that* is what Starbucks uses for coffee. I knew the taste was familiar.
Add pictures here
✖

We left ours in the basement. We had to hire a fuel company to come in and remove the tank when we sold though, so it wasn't such a good idea.
Add pictures here
✖
Tom wrote:

It's seldom mentioned, but storm drains need lubrication, especially when they get older.
You wouldn't want a flood because of "irritable drain syndrome," would you?
Add pictures here
✖

You are too retarded.
Add pictures here
✖
On 27 Mar 2010 03:19:53 GMT, Stepfann King

It was funny.
Add pictures here
✖

Maybe to another retard.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@smallboots.com wrote:

I know you think it's weird, but you've got to think outside the jar. Since I started putting lawn clippings down the storm drain, it's not backed up at all.
Sewers need fiber, too!
100% Organic fiber works best.
Add pictures here
✖