What switch keeps a washer from over filling

I think my ge washer overfills, i know there must be a switch or something that tells the inlet selinoid to shut off. I dont have a schematic diagram so any one know what controlls the water level when filling up.

Reply to
clc

Hi,

GE has built a few different washers....model#?

A water level switch controls the levels but a bad fill valve can also make a water over fill and a bad WLC hose can also make a washer over fill.

One came with the washer when it was built, hopefully no one has removed it. Glued on the back, rolled up in the consol are 2 common places for it.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid