What's up with Canada and horizontal electric panels?

Page 3 of 3
On 3/21/2012 9:22 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

I'm in Canada and my panel was installed sideways because the existing wiring was too SHORT to run down to the bottom of the new panel if mounted vertically. So it's mounted sideways to allow all existing wiring a chance to connect without using sub-panels
New panel was a Siemens 32/64 and it replaced a 20 circuit vertical fuse panel that was half the size if not smaller. All new wiring will connect to the bottom of the new horizontal because it's freshly run wire and allowances are made for length of wire, and all the existing circuit are at the top because there is no slack or additional length to run.