What is this thing?

I'm wrong! T'was the Flying Spaghetti Monster what did it. It provided all us H. Saps. with ears to flap when we fell off tall parapits. A curious side effect that in earlier years they served a different purpose and were larger than today and were a saving grace. Without them, we would be extinct!

Another side effect that was not anticipated those many years ago was that these flapping machines could hear in stereo. Without that development Bose and Dolby could not have made money!

Reply to
Clot

surge protection for old style (open wire} phone lines. outdated, they use different type now.

Reply to
Ryan Weihl

I think Scotty left it behind, on the episode when they came to save the whale. It's from the 22nd century.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Helm controls. Can't quite get warp four, any more. Also the port side phasers don't fire. Scotty, you got to get that fixed.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Doppler was just a passing thing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Whooosh ..... I missed that, tha th....

Reply to
Clot

Yup, I found that each is a .25 UF capacitor.

If the house dates back to the 50's or

That was kind of what I thought.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

I do that, with frequency.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Flux Capacitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
J.A. Michel

ROTFLOLWTIME Well done.

Reply to
mm

They should have a voltage rating. That would be clueful as to where they'd be used. Also, do the terminals have any polarity (+,-) labels?

George

If it's from the 50s, then it might be a low temperature PCB- containment device.

Reply to
Pat