What is this growing in my yard?

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture001-1.jpg
It looks like oxalis to me. If it begins to give bright yellow flowers on a tallish stem, it definitely is. It will pretty much disappear by May or June and then come back quadruple next winter. Good luck getting rid of it. I've been trying for two years, making limited headway. It's almost impossible to clear out without destroying everything else growing near it.
Paul in San Francisco

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/inquisitiveman/?action=view&current=Picture001-1.jpg
Looks like Tea weed to me, hit it with a little Roundup while the St Augustine is dormant. This stuff shouldnt stay around very long if your St Augustine is very healthy as SA will normaly choke out just about anything. Healthy SA will usually take out sand spurs and crabgrass.
Jimmie
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Your weeds don't seem to ahve any grass around them.......or is the grass dormant? We have St. Aug. in Florida, and the weed looks like sorrel. Here is a link: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/FW029
Lawn care: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/EP141
Generally, broadleaf herbicides will take care of it very quickly, but you have to get the grass in good, actively growning condition before you apply them. We rehabbed or condo lawn, and it surprised the neighbors to see a healthy, green lawn again. We used liquid herbicide with hose-end sprayer. Always after fertillizing a couple of weeks previous and when the weather isn't too hot. You can get by with very little herbicide use if you water, fertillize and mow properly. Good luck.