what is more economical, Nat gas or Oil Heat

I have a boiler, baseboard heat and a 3400 Sq Ft ranch

What are the rates in your area? What is the fuel oil cost today? Varies quite a bit in different regions.
Oil requires more maintenance

And over time. And due to circumstances that are difficult to predict.
Energy conservation tends to be cheaper than any fuel. Good luck figuring it all out.
Mike
Michael Daly wrote:

Not always. It varies. Putting on a sweater instead of turning up the heat is cheaper. Doing without heat altogether is more expensive (think pneumonia).

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:48:36 -0400, "Justbrilliant"

Well, I'm wondering how you have the boiler and baseboard hooked up if you don't have a house..A 3400 sq ft ranch is too small to raise any animals in, without incurring the wrath of local animal protection agencies....
Or is this along the lines of "Honey, I shrunk the kids" (Read goats)