Kitchen Cabient handle materials

We're doing a kitchen remodel and have narrowed down the cabinet pulls to 2. Both are almost identical in looks but different material. One is steel with a brushed nickel finish and the other is stainless. The stainless is almost 3 times the cost of the nickel. What is the difference in terms of durability and what other factors are there to consider when choosing a material? Thanks.

Reply to
bregent

I don't think cabinet pulls get so much abuse that there'd be any discernable difference in the lifespan for either of these. I get tired of looking at the pulls/knobs & switch them out to update the look long before they wear out or break.

Depends on the plating. I bought some good looking but inexpensive pulls for my cabinets. Thought I had a real bargain. After about 4 years, they are all tarnished and in need of replacement.

The SS is going to be far more durable, but if the plated ones are of good quality, they will last many years. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

We just had our kitchen redone - refaced cabinets, new drawers and doors. Original cabinets are real wood, built in place. We re-used the old brushed nickel hardware - just cleaned it well. Plain, modern style, looks great. About 35 years old.

Reply to
Norminn