What is best insulation material?

Page 2 of 2
OOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh. well if you took that sentence literally, then i understand the hogwash statement. Obviously there are other ways. I guess i should have said 'the best way to do an attic".
thanks for the english lesson.

You obviously have your own preferences. I have mine. I prefer fiberglass batts because they are easy to work around. Remove batt - do work - replace batt. Plus, they don't have nearly the dust issues. And they stay where you put them.
Bob

There is no one best. Each have their strong points. Each application and area of the world may call for a different "best."

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

They pulled out the fiberglass-batten insulation that was between the 2x6 rafters.<<<<<
Why? I doubt that the soot or ashes reduced the insulation effectiveness by much
seems like a scam by insulation installers to revenue the insurance companies......if the soot or ashes were a problem, they could easily be vacuumed off rather than trashing the existing insulation
cheers Bob
BobK207 wrote:

Odor abatement would be my guess...
Fiberglass