What Is a Furnace Draft Inducer Blower? I'll tell you what it is ...

Page 7 of 7
On Dec 16, 1:04pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I would think for the installer, erring on the side of being say 20% too big is more of an issue of playing it safe. Worst case, the furnace runs a little less and is a little less efficient, something the homeowner will never bitch about. If theyt make the mistake of putting in one that's too small, then the customer is going to be screaming because the house won't maintain temperature on the coldest days. And that's a difficult problem to fix.

I would think for the installer, erring on the side of being say 20% too big is more of an issue of playing it safe. Worst case, the furnace runs a little less and is a little less efficient, something the homeowner will never bitch about. If theyt make the mistake of putting in one that's too small, then the customer is going to be screaming because the house won't maintain temperature on the coldest days. And that's a difficult problem to fix.
Here in the south, thats not an issue... the problem here is finding a small enough furnace with a big enough blower drive to support the A/C. As a rule, I install furnaces that are 2 stage with a variable speed blower... especially with dual fuel/hybrid systems, and its a very rare occassion when the second stage of the furnace kicks in.
..

They really aren't more expensive at all TODAY. With a 95% furnace you get a 30% Fed tax credit. That's 30% off the price to begin with. Then I get $400 from the gas company and another $400 from the state clean energy program. Add all that together and the 95% furnace is a no brainer compared to 80%