Lennox Induced Draft Blower failed

I have model g26q3/4-100-6.

The induced draft motor has been whining for over a year -- rather loudly at times. I think it has finally died. It just moans now and does not turn -- furnace will not come on.

I cannot seem to find a matching partnumber at the online parts sites. Does anyone know what part number I need?

cozyparts.com seems to have the right stuff -- but I cannot find a match between the values I read on my part and their website.

I see: induced draft motor on the motor:

5899J43113 1Y25-734CS on the blower housing J16 5468
Reply to
kansascats

cozyparts got back pretty quick -- 68K21 $175

Reply to
kansascats

$175. Ouch. Sounds like it might have been worth taking that thing apart when it started squealing and trying to get some oil into the bearings.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

yeah.. somehow water ends up down in the blower assembly. Searches revealed this is a common problem. that motor is pretty enclosed -- next time around i'll try a bit harder to get at the bearings.

Reply to
kansascats

If it's a condensing furnace make sure that the drains are good. The water is supposed to drain before it reaches the draft fan.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

How about a drain hole in the inducer fan to prevent water buildup in the first place. Doesn't need to be very big - and a small hose to a container will let you know if water is getting into the fan. Blow in the hose accaisionally to be sure it is not blocked.plugged.

Reply to
clare

the pvc vents for the inducer blower for my furnace had a tee for a small drain pipe inline, with a 360 degree loop in the drain to hold water so as not to allow exhaust to blow into the condensate pump. pipes are pitched down toward furnace.

nate

Reply to
N8N

You sure that external was in both the intake vent and the exhaust vent? Somehow I doubt the install called for one in each. On my Rheem there is a trap as you describe on the INTAKE vent pipe so as to prevent any rain water that blows in from reaching the furnace. The intake vents normally just terminate inside the furnace cabinet, so without the external trap water could make it inside.

The exhaust on the other hand, should be able to deal with any water that runs down the pipe as it should have it's own trap inside the furnace that handles the regular condensate.

Reply to
trader4

Mine was $340 and out of stock when the blower wheel started to squeak. I ended up brazing the blower wheel to the hub - which stopped the squeak - after having dissassembled the motor and cleaned and lubed and replaced the bearings trying to chase down the squeak.

That was something like 6? years ago.

Reply to
clare

Ouch, that all sucks. I'm thinking that's pricing based on what the market will bear, not based on percentage of production costs.

Reply to
jamesgangnc