What hole size for installing a sink faucet?

Hi,
My plumber is coming tomorrow morning and he is expecting me to have prepaired the vanity top for a faucet installation. (It was a custom top and doesn't have any holes in it for the plumbing.)
I have the faucet, and I drilled a 3/4" hole becuase that slightly exceeded the diameter of the threads on the faucet. But then I realized that the plumbing part of the faucet has a wider part. Anyway, it's hard to explain, but the bottom line is that I don't know what size holes to drill and how to determine it.
The included instructions assume that the holes are already there.
Is there such a thing as a standard hole size for the faucet's plumbing?
My faucet is this:
http://www.fixtureuniverse.com/products/view.aspx?sku 9896&linkLoctalog
Thanks!
Aaron Fude

If the included instructions do not include hole size measurements, you bought a product from a manufacturer who was just kidding about being in the faucet business. Made in China, maybe? The manufacturer's web site has links to PDF files for installation & measurement. The latter file is one blank page. The former link leads to a broken web page containing nothing.
Here's the web page, in case you want to be nauseated by the non-existent help they're providing: http://www.kingstonbrass.com/proddetail.asp?ProdIDp16
You got boned. Return the thing and reschedule the plumber. A manufacturer like that doesn't deserve anyone's money. Get yourself a Moen faucet. Here's what a spec sheet is supposed to look like:
http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/T944sp.pdf
He may have got boned out of some dumass instructions, but HELL all you have to do is look a the bottom of the dam thing , measure and drill and hone away. It's not rocket science.

Perhaps, but the manufacturer still doesn't deserve his business.

Hi,
Thanks for the responses. Which size should I measure if there are two different diameters and I'm not quite sure how the faucet "sits".
Thanks,
Aaron

Use a piece of corrugated cardboard "surrogate countertop" to experiment. Got calipers for measuring outside diameter of the parts that protrude through the counter? Like this: (Amazon.com product link shortened)
If not, use tweezers, compass, scissors or BBQ tongs as makeshift measuring devices.
Aaron Fude wrote:

Big enough to stick it through, small enough so nut/washer can secure it and so the upper flange (base) will cover it.
--

dadiOH

Heh. "FSO", faucet-shaped object. -----
- gpsman
Aaron Fude wrote:

You re going to need 3 holes. Let the plumber drill them If you 'slip up', you 'll risk ruining the whole thing