What happens now to the election due to Hurricane Sandy?

Page 2 of 3
this election stands a excellent chance of being a tie, electoral college wise. with congress s gridlocked can you imagine them trying to decide?
this will likely lead to the end of the electoral college and going to a popular vote
Add pictures here
βœ–

NBC had a scenario where Romney would be President, Biden would be VP. Hey Joe, would you get me another coffee please!
Add pictures here
βœ–
You're speaking, using old expressions, and metaphors, right? Mormons don't drink coffee.
NBC had a scenario where Romney would be President, Biden would be VP. Hey Joe, would you get me another coffee please!
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Oct 31, 6:41 am, "Stormin Mormon"

.
Well them, "Hey Joe, would you get me a change of hairy underwear?"
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 02:38:35 -0400, "Stormin Mormon" wrote:

They can and they do. The leaders have been very clear that there is nothing in their fundamental doctrine that prohibits any of the caffine drinks. Most don't but that's a matter of personal choice.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Winston_Smith wrote:

9 And again, hot drinks are not for the body or belly.
10 And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of manβ€”
11 Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/89?lang=eng
As I read that, iced coffee is good and, mon, thanks be to Jah for providing all that righteous herb for man.
Add pictures here
βœ–

That's a total non-issue. If no candidate receives a majority of the electoral vote, the decision is made solely by the House of Representatives (see Amendment XII to the Constitution), and we get President Romney.

Not going to happen -- that requires amending the Constitution, which requires the concurrence of 3/4 of the states.

Possible... but not very likely.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:28:45 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

There is another possibility that is even more interesting academically.
If the popular vote in the various states resulted in a theoretical 269-269 split. one of those electors could go rogue. There is nothing that forces them to vote the way their party told them to. In fact there has been quite a number of times when the elector did not cast the requested vote. (and it is just a request). Most recently in 2004, a Minnesota elector voted for Edwards for pres and VP, in 2000 one DC elector didn't vote at all. In 1988 the democratic elector flipped Pres and VP voting for Bentsen as president. There have also been times in the past when they picked a guy who wasn't really even in the race.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:
-snip-

Actually there are rumored to be some Ron Paul electors out there. Now *that* would sell some newspapers, eh?

Jim
Add pictures here
βœ–

I just remembered-- It takes 270. So even if somebody got 269 and the other guy lost some electors, it would go to the house & senate.
Jim
Add pictures here
βœ–

That'd be quite a trick. He hasn't broken 250 yet- http://electoral-vote.com/evp2012/Pres/ec_graph-2012.html
Jim
Add pictures here
βœ–
Oren wrote:

Maybe not. I can think of at least two additional scenarios:
* Rioting in the streets, and/or * Lawsuits without number.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Wrong. It goes to the House. Period.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/1/2012 9:54 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

Actually no. In case of an electoral college tie it goes to the house and senate. The house voting with special rules (each state gets one vote etc) picks the president and the senate picks the VP.
Add pictures here
βœ–

OK, yes, that's true -- I was thinking only in terms of choosing the President.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 13:54:43 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

Here's the Constitution on it- 12th amendment- Clause 3; http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/usconstitution/a/a2s1.htm
Jim
Add pictures here
βœ–
Doug Miller wrote:

Most of which would lose whatever small political clout they have.
A great many of those states are firmly Republican and they would be agreeing to give electorial control to the Democrat cities.
It doesn't work on either a representational or a political basis.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Been close before. I don't see any need to change the system.
this election stands a excellent chance of being a tie, electoral college wise. with congress s gridlocked can you imagine them trying to decide?
this will likely lead to the end of the electoral college and going to a popular vote
Add pictures here
βœ–

Really?
Ill bet its more of a landslide win for Romney.
We will find out in about a week, wont we?
<VBG>
Gunner
-- "
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 10-31-2012 04:35, Gunner wrote:

There are some pundits predicting a Romney landslide. There are others predicting an Obama landslide.
On November 8th, one grop will be saying "told you so" and the other will be pretending they aren't surprised.
When Reagan beat Mondale, my co-worker canceled his U.S. News subscription, angry at the "After The Landslide" issue that arrived in his mailbox the day _before_ the election.
And of course some of us remember Dewey & Truman.....
The sad thing is how many winners get about ONE-QUARTER of the eligible votes.
--
Wes Groleau

What kind of smiley is C:\ ?
βœ–