What defines a tree?

Page 2 of 3
Matt, 6/4/2005, 7:28:49 PM, wrote:

This is why I will never own a home in a neighborhood that has a Homeowner's Association. I don't need someone telling me how to maintain my house and what color it should be. However, based upon the rationalizations I hear coming from you I can understand why they have done this. You would be better off going to the board pleading ignorance and asking for forgiveness. Something tells me that you have pissed them off in the past and this is how they are coming back at you.
--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.

Sorry, golferfuckhead; the voices in your head are lying to you again.
I spent $120,000 bringing this house up to par, reversing the last 20 years of neglect.
Matt, 6/4/2005, 10:26:39 PM, wrote:

You have just proved my point.
--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.

What, that you are a pompous, horse's ass?
Matt, 6/4/2005, 10:35:48 PM, wrote:

You must wonder why people pick on you all the time. You ought to run for the President of the Homeowner's Association. Your personality is perfect for the job.
--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.

Wrong again, badgolferfuckhead.
No one 'picks' on me. Your terminology is funny though. Best as I can recall "picking on someone' was something that happened in grade school.
Get back on the short bus, Son.
Matt, 6/4/2005, 11:13:32 PM, wrote:

The fact remains you have been fined for cutting down a tree on your own property by a bunch of people you gave the power to do that. The method of communication you are using with me will certainly not provide any relief if you use it on them. If it makes you feel better to insult me go ahead, I'm not the one forking out $250 to some pinheads for not asking their permission to do some yard work. Hey, make sure you cut the grass before they send the sheriff out to get you!
--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.

You get out of the house much, golferfuckhead?
Never mind, that was a dumb question.
Hey - I hear your mommy yelling for ya!
Someone wrote:

values'!
Following is possibly a myth? But; Story few years ago (in the UK?) that a local authority, or whoever, 'got after' a certain homeowner to paint his somewhat neglected house. He did. In many varied colours: Purple, yellow, green, orange etc. and using combinations of stripes, chequered patterns and polka dots. Very 'colourful' it was said. Local authority were apparently not impressed; but the homeowner had complied with the order to paint!
BTW. Good luck down there in "The land of the Free and the Brave". Because I gather there even are US residential areas where external TV or radio antenna/aerials are not allowed; but that flagpoles are? Trusting that in accordance with "Due respect be paid to any/all national flags" etc. flags are respectfully lowered, folded and stored at sunset. Also that flags do not flap and cause a 'noise nuisance' during the evening and night time hours? TV and other antenna being essentially quiet.
clipped

Florida had enough flag/antenna battles that they finally passed a law, at least as applies in condo's. In condo's, one flag, and the right to have TV antenna. Now, our little satellite dish must face the southern sky and in the forseeable future a tree with grow enough to block it's view. So.......

with a long term, running skirmish. One has lights and cameras directed at neighbor, and the neighbor has all kinds of flags and windsocks. One of them will probably become exasperated enough, some day, to have a heart attack and die. Otherwise, no end in sight :o)

A Brit poking sticks at US freedoms? That's a good one.
Perhaps you'd like to comment on the following, my limey friend:
'Each of Britain's 24 million vehicles would be tracked by satellite if a variable "pay-as-you-drive" charge replaces the current road tax.'
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/transport/story.jsp?storyd4303
On 06/05/05 12:03 pm Matt tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

At least they're only talking about charging so much per mile at peak times. I've driven on roads in the USA where I pay accrding to the distance I travel at *all* times; they are called toll roads, and include the NY Thruway and the Ohio Turnpike.
It sounds like a great idea.
Perce

The point isn't how much they charge, or how they compute it, but rather that the national government would be tracking the location and movements of every private vehicle 24x7.
If the Brits see nothing wrong with that... well, that's why we're citizens, and they're subjects.
--
Regards,
On 06/05/05 12:34 pm Doug Miller tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

When I lived in NT and had an EZPass transponder on my vehicle, various govt. authorities could track my movements: the thing worked not only in NY but in NJ and MA as well.
Brits may complain about the particular government that's in power at any given time, but (unlike many Americans, ISTM) they do not usually fear government as an institution as such.
Sure, George III was a bad ruler, but he would have died in due course.
Perce
On 06/05/05 12:50 pm Percival P. Cassidy tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Make that "When I lived in *NY* and . . . "

And in PA, MD, DE and lots of other places now. Th EZ Pass is a volantury system. It is ot being used to track people on a regular basis. If you don't like the idea, just pay the tolls at the booth. Yes, we are giving a "potential" for abuse, but until that happens, I like the benefit.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome /

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Sort of. To coerce people into using the transponders, Illinois has doubled the cash toll; i.e. where your transponder clicks off 40 cents, the cash lanes charge eighty cents.
I have responded by avoiding the toll roads. And, miracle of miracles, it's really cost me extremely little in extra time or mileage (provided I plan my route sanely).
--
I miss my .signature.

On Sun 05 Jun 2005 06:16:42a, Terry wrote in alt.home.repair:

Three stories come to mind. The first, when we lived in a rather upscale gated community in NE Ohio, we installed a very tasteful solid copper weathervane on our chimney. Almost immediately we received a notice from the HOA that we had to remove it. A thorough reading of all the HOA documents revealed that weathervanes were not covered by any regulation. We did discover, however, that television and radio antennas were covered and allowed, up to a size approximately 10 times the size of our weathervane. The easiest response to the HOA was that we would agreeably remove the weathervane, and would install in its place a 15 foot tall television antenna of a rather complex design. We were quickly advised to leave the weathervane in place.
The second was in the same community, the HOA allowed only one home per street or cul-de-sac to have an installed flagpole.
The third involves a lovely 1920s vintage two-story frame home with double front porches in a nearby neighborhood. The homes and streets lined with huge old trees are picturesque and evoke another era. The house involved was on a prominent corner lot. At one point it was put up for sale and purchased fairly soon afterward. A few months later I happened to drive through the area and discovered that the house had been painted a vivid lavender with bright yellow trim and shutters. It soom came to be known as the "Easter Egg House", and has remained that color for over 20 years. There is no HOA, nor any local code or regulation that could force the owner to repaint the house in a more suitable color scheme.
--
Wayne Boatwright **
On 6 Jun 2005 07:51:59 +0200, Wayne Boatwright

My friend's old house on a shady street with cute Dutch Colonials and adorable cottages, has been recently painted fluorescent mustard by the new owners. I assume they wanted to express their individuality and make a statement, and were not satisfied doing so on the interior. Ironically, they are not even the ones who have to look at it from their windows; the people across the street do.
On Mon 06 Jun 2005 05:07:37a, Curly Sue wrote in alt.home.repair:

Clearly there is no accounting for taste!
--
Wayne Boatwright **