What are the Fire Risks of Burning a CD?

I bought a CD burner and I am planning to burn a CD in a few weeks, after I read all the manuals, figure out all the wiring, and other preparatory stuff. I'm worried about fire risks. Should I move the computer outdoors in case it does burst into flames? How quickly do these fires spread? Is there any smoke or sparks prior to ignition, allowing enough time to get an extinguisher?
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@mail.is.invalid wrote:

--
<<//--------------------\>>
Van Chocstraw

You would be safer to deep fry a turkey in your living room than to burn a CD in it. Unless you are facing foreclosure and want to get out of your current mortgage. ;)
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 29, 4:22 am, snipped-for-privacy@mail.is.invalid wrote:

Remove tongue from inside of cheek! (and preclude the yanking of limbs)
Add pictures here
✖
I'd be careful of burning your fingers when removing disk

Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 29, 4:22 am, snipped-for-privacy@mail.is.invalid wrote:

Wrap the CD burner in plastic and secure it with packaging tape.
Put it in the bathtub and submerge it in water.
Now you can burn CDs all day long with no worry of fire.
When you get through the water should be warm enough to bathe in.
Please note: I have not tried this yet, it's just my theory.
Lewis.
*****
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 07:34:15 -0700 (PDT), ru4linux2

No, no, no. Wrap the CD itself in tinfoil. That's all that is necessary.

Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 04:22:03 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@mail.is.invalid

Absolutely. Keep it outside, build a concrete bunker around it and run 12" plumbing to a nearby million gallon water tank to dowse the inevitable fireball, just like everybody else does.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@mail.is.invalid wrote:

I have a CD on my desk here that I popped in the Microwave. It would make a good background for a clock. I wouldn't worry too much about a modern CD burner since new rules require the units to now regulate the laser power instead of the full ten megawatts on and off like the older burners.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
The Daring Dufas wrote:

What he should worry about is an email marked "Olympic Torch." If you open it, it will unfold a torch that will set fire to your hard drive. I got an email warning me.
Add pictures here
✖

After making your CD, put it in the microwave for four seconds to make the recording permanent. It will be there for life, never degrading.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖