Weed Killer

Page 3 of 3

<...snipped...>

The vinegar herbicide recipe does not call for table vinegar, but what at least one company markets as "garden vinegar" It is 20% acetic acid. Table vinegar is 4 or 5%. I'm not crazy about Roundup, but I wouldn't be so sure that 20% acetic acid plus salt is more environmentally benign than Roundup, especially in "flood" quantities.

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 19:03:10 -0700 (PDT), RickH

In about 14 days it's all harmless salts anyway, apparently. No worse than vinegar, and likely better than the salt and vinegar mix.

== That Roundup residue won't hurt anything as it rapidly breaks down on contact with soil. I'd worry more about acidic soil and salt buildup using vinegar and salt. Using muriatic acid is also just plain dumb as it is corrosive and poisonous. ==

My paver manufacturer recommends muratic for regular cleaning.
On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 19:03:10 -0700 (PDT), RickH

Roundup doesn't stay long. It is bio-degradeable and breaks down pretty quickly.
-snip-

Once a year use an 'all season' weed killer. It kills the weeds and prevents seed sprouting for 3-4 months.
I spray my 5-600sq foot patio in about an hour in May. For $20 -- then forget it til next year.
Jim

The something else is ROUNDUP.