Weed eater string

I have a Weed Eater, Gas, Featherlite Plus. Runs fine. But the string sometimes can be a bear. When it wears down, and you bump it to have more string, sometimes it sucks itself back inside the bobbin guts and you have to stop and kill the weedeater, take out the bobbin, find the end of the string, and start all over. The closer the bobbin is to being empty, the worse it gets. This has been an ongoing problem...any ideas. String size .065 Perry

I have owned 3 different ones over the years. What you describe is just the nature of the beast.
My latest allows line to be installed and wound without removing the spool. The next time it is empty I plan to try cutting some short sections and using them until they break, then just add a new one. Not sure if it will be faster or not.
Colbyt
Perry Templeton wrote:

Try putting a wide rubber band over the string on the bobbin. It still allows the string to feed, but also keeps enough tension on the string to keep it from "springing" back in. Some models used to come with a circular piece of foam for the same purpose.
Bob S.