Waterproofing basement, should I also do a sump pump?

Hi,
I am having a professional waterproof the basement of my 80 year-old house. It is a rubble foundation that hasn't been leaking but has been taking in a lot of moisture and resulting in a musty smell etc.
They are digging around the foundation, installing weeping tile, using hydraulic cement to fill cracks, then using a tar/rubber-type sealer, followed by a rubber membrane. Weeping tiles will be connected to the drain system.
I am wondering if I should bother installing a sump pump in the basement while I am at it, or if the above waterproofing will suffice.
Thoughts?
Thanks
What about When your water heater or pipes or washing machine hoses break and you are not home.
<< I am wondering if I should bother installing a sump pump in the basement while I am at it, or if the above waterproofing will suffice. >>
Depends on your local geology. If nobody for miles around has a sump pump, then, no. If your location is on top of a hill of glacial till then, no. If you have low rainfall rates then, no. Some serious local research will give you the data to make a sound judgement. Good luck.
Joe
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comtosspam (Joe Bobst) wrote in message

If I had an 80 yr old basement that wasn't actually leaking, I sure wouldn't be spending all that money and effort to try to eliminate a musty odor. I also wouldn't be surprised if it does nothing to fix the odor. Did you try a dehumidifier?