Water Treatment

Hi all. We are concerned with how much space our water treatment systems takes up, having a pretty small house, we need the space and wondered why it needs to be inside?

We are on a well, with a 2000 gal reservoir beside the well house. A Chlorine drip sys keeps the take free of algae, then it comes to the house via 1 1/2" line ( about 200ft!) Once in the house ( and here is the problem) water is fed through a carbon filter to remove the Chlorine, then through a water softener, then finally heated. ..all thie equip takes up ALOT of space. Can we put the Carbon filter and the Softener out in the well house 200ft away? Making a lsightly bigger and insulated well house is much easier then finding the 5X6ft space it takes up in the house. Obviously the HW heater needs to be close, but the other stuff?

Any thoughts appreciated.. G

Reply to
AustinScoobee

You didn't mention where you live. How cold does it get there in the winter?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The water treatment I use if about 5 miles from my house. They keep it at the town water station.

As long as you live in a place that does not freeze and you have any power you need for controls, it can be moved outside.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks guys, Its Central Tx here, so minimal heating and some insulation should keep it from freezing. Thanks again G

Edw> > Hi all.

Reply to
AustinScoobee

Apparently not cold enough to freeze the 2000 gal outdoor tank...

Reply to
Pete C.