water softener problem, water empties from holding tank

I've got an Addie water softener, about 3 years old. Recently I've had to add water to the holding tank almost every time I add salt. Something has changed to make the system either suck too much out of the holding tank or not put enough water back in. Is there something I can check to find out what the problem is and how to fix it?
Thanks
Bill

Err....my GE unit empties pretty much all of the water outa the brine tank each every time it cycles...
All I can say is maybe re-read the manuals very carefully to be sure what your seeing isnt just normal operation going on...
--
SVL