Water heater maintenance question

I've got a gas (propane) water heater. Is yearly draining / refilling a worthwhile maintenance procedure?
Thanks
BillC wrote:

Maybe.
Assuming you have a good valve (not the real cheap one that comes with most water heaters) draining will do no harm.
If you have hard water, even if it has been softened in many cases, you should drain it. If you one of the few with really good naturally soft water, I doubt if it will do any good.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit