Washing Machine Woes

Hi all:
You folks have already helped quite a bit with washer and dryer repairs in the past <pumps, couplers, heating elements, pulleys, etal)...here's a new one.
I have a 1987 Kenmore (Whirlpool) clothes washing machine that I inherited. It's a direct drive model (no belt).
Lately, with every load, it vibrates as if it were somewhat "out of balance" during the spin cycles. NOT the real bang, bang, bang, then stop dead vibration, but you can still hear it banging lightly as it spins. This occurs with light loads, medium loads and heavy loads. EVERY load.
Any thoughts or pointers to a webpage?? tim

Check the feet on the bottom and see if they are still set to level... mine vibrated loose some years ago with similar results. I got a level and set it up again, all was well

if there are springs that center the tub, they might be stretched or missing.
Tim J. Johson wrote in message ...

Came with the house? Given to you by a friend and recently moved to its current location?

It worked Ok in its present location previously?

Have you checked the leveling legs to make sure they're securely locked in place?
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Kenmore+washer
=~~~~~~
Tim J. Johson wrote the following message ...
Hi all, for some reason, I can't access my original post "Washing Machine Woes" from a few days ago. Anyway, here's a snippet of it"

Anyway, SQLIT, suggested that I:
"Check the feet on the bottom and see if they are still set to level... mine vibrated loose some years ago with similar results. I got a level and set it up again, all was well."
So, I did. It seems to have cured the problem. Thanks MUCH!!