[washing machine] oil leak from a tub of front loader

it happened to me twice so far. Not everytime. after one cycle of washing machine, i found there is an oil leak from a spinning tub of front loader. all the clothes are all messed up. would someone please tell me which part i should check?
Kenmore front load washing machine model number: 417.41042000
Thanks for looking.
laser wrote:

Transmission

would it be easy to replace the transmission?

If you mean is it just sitting there with 6 bolts to take off without disconnecting all kinds of other stuff, I'd *GUESS* no. I've never replaced one.
Have you thought about how much you want to spend on this max?

if the problem is due to transmission, then I gotta figure out two things; easiness of replacement and cost of part. I am having a difficulty to find the part number of the transmission and its price.

What year did you buy this washer?
How old is it?
On Dec 1, 8:26am, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

I bought it in 2001 and it was brand new. I had a problem of a Spin control board assembly last year and i replaced it by myself.
I looked at the diagram of parts but I was not able to find any part named "transmission".

OK
It may be the same unit I did have then
I say did have....cause after seven years of light use it just crapped out on me and I had to junk it as it isn't made to be repaired
Try Googling "Kenmore front loader bearing" and see what you get
On Dec 1, 4:25pm, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

what you are trying to say is that Kenmore is hopeless. ^^;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwpKP_9_fAA

Before I make a decision, i would like to know the part that i am looking for. http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=407854&PPStack=1

Yep that's it
The seal and bearing couldn't just be replaced by itself...instead the whole inner tub had to be replaced at a cost of several hundred dollars