Washing Machine making odd noise...

Frigidaire front loader, less than 2yrs old. Sorry, don't have model # handy....
It sounds like a bead chain (picture what you wear dogtags with) being dragged across the stainless steel drum....except that you can't find it anywhere and neither my wife nor I wear jewelry other than rings. To me it sounds like it's caught between the stainless drum and the plastic drum - but I've used a flashlight to look through the small holes in the stainless drum and I couldn't find anything - anyone ever had this problem?
If the drum spins out, it gets a little louder, and you can hear it if you spin the drum by hand when the machine is off....it doesn't sound like a bearing at all. The drain is clear. It does not appear to have hamper the machine's function at all - we continue to do loads of laundry, but the noise is irritating. Repair shop said if I bring it in they would separate the 2 drums and dig it out and replace the seal for about $200.....
Any ideas?

What in THE hell did you have your dog in there to begin with???!!!
Probably all stopped up with hair and fur and stuff!
Ding dang thang gonna cough up a fur ball.....
Almost for certain its the bearing. I had the exact same characteristic sounds at the 2.5 year mark. The bearings are located at the rear of the drum and it protected from the water by a lip seal. The seal fails, the forward (of the two) bearings gets wet and starts to squeal. Gets worse and worse with time. I did the fix in about 3 hours. Bought some bearings and seals from a local bearing shop and also bought the "o" ring from the local appliance parts dealer that seals the two halves of the plastic drum. The bearings have an ID number on them that any good bearing shop can look up. Quite a bit of disassembly involved. Very well documented on http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/ look under "washers". Same washer is sold by Sears under the "Kenmore" name, same exact bearing problems. Steve