Washing Machine making odd noise...

Frigidaire front loader, less than 2yrs old. Sorry, don't have model # handy....

It sounds like a bead chain (picture what you wear dogtags with) being dragged across the stainless steel drum....except that you can't find it anywhere and neither my wife nor I wear jewelry other than rings. To me it sounds like it's caught between the stainless drum and the plastic drum - but I've used a flashlight to look through the small holes in the stainless drum and I couldn't find anything - anyone ever had this problem?

If the drum spins out, it gets a little louder, and you can hear it if you spin the drum by hand when the machine is off....it doesn't sound like a bearing at all. The drain is clear. It does not appear to have hamper the machine's function at all - we continue to do loads of laundry, but the noise is irritating. Repair shop said if I bring it in they would separate the 2 drums and dig it out and replace the seal for about $200.....

Any ideas?

Reply to
Bho

What in THE hell did you have your dog in there to begin with???!!!

Probably all stopped up with hair and fur and stuff!

Ding dang thang gonna cough up a fur ball.....

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Reply to
Steve